Grateful Dead Live at JFK Stadium on 1989-07-07
d1t01 Hell In A Bucket
d1t02 Iko Iko
d1t03 Little Red Rooster
d1t04 Ramble On Rose
d1t05 Stuck Inside Of Mobile With The Memphis Blues Again
d1t07 Let It Grow
d1t08 Blow Away
d2t01 Box Of Rain
d2t02 Scarlet Begonias >
d2t03 Fire On The Mountain
d2t04 Estimated Prophet >
d2t05 Standing On The Moon
d2t06 Drums >
d2t07 Space >
d2t08 Space/Other One crossover
d3t01 The Other One >
d3t02 Wharf Rat >
d3t04 Knockin' On Heaven's Door
Collection GratefulDeadBand/Artist Grateful DeadVenue JFK StadiumLocation Philadelphia, PASource AKG414 FOB (probably from Dan Tepper's rig - AKG414TL > AKG B18 power supplies > Technics SV-MD1)Lineage CDs extracted with Max 0.7.1 using CD paranoia setting; compressed using XACT 1.6.2 FLAC level 5Taped by UnknownTransferred by Unknown
- I got these discs from Dan Lynch probably in 1999 or 2000. All I know is they were AKG414s, and they sound exactly like the 2nd Gen cassettes I had from Dan Tepper's rig.
- From what I recall (my college buddy was a close friend of Tepper's), Dan was running AKG414TL > AKG B18 power supplies > Technics SV-MD1. He typically ran FOB on a stand with the mics on cardioid setting, pointing roughly at the stacks. He had this black piece of sheer cloth that he used to cover the rig from view.
- As best as I can tell, d2t08 is a crossover file of about 11 seconds ... from what I can tell, remove this file to make set 2 seamless.
- You are getting this tracked exactly as I received it. The discs Dan Lynch sent me had some filler on disc three, and I understand that that's the way Dan's discs were. I omitted the filler.
- Other than check the SBs (see the shntool report) these files are as they were extracted from the CDs. Everything's "as is."
April 2, 2010
this fob has more bottom end that the clugston remaster but maybe not as much midrange punch. the levels are set a tad low as well.
probable prefer the other but they are both very good
this is my preffered copy
April 7, 2008
A VERY nice aud...
...of one of the best (imho) played shows of '89. Certainly top 2 or 3 of that summer. Such sweet memories! I rarely give 5, but after hearing that Iko again, I just can't give less.